[tproxy] Squid3 + Tproxy

Laszlo Attila Toth panther at balabit.hu
Fri Jul 4 13:47:40 CEST 2008

Jérôme Santini írta:
> Hello
>
>  >> When I try to run the squid with the option: http_port 3128 tproxy,
>  >> gives error in the squid.
>
>  >Please use --enable-linux-netfilter...
>  >The enable-linux-tproxy4 was an intermediate option, finally it was
>  >removed and its functionality merged into enable-linux-netfilter.
>
> Hello
>
> I am a bit confused about the various versions of the tproxy patch and squid

Old versions are moved to the obsoleted directory, the latest version
remains in the download directory. By the way this is version 4.1, but
the downloadable files don't contain this information in their names.

> I am now using squid 3.0.STABLE6 and linux kernel 2.6.24 as packaged for the
> next version of debian, lenny.
>
> Is this version of squid supposed to already include the tproxy patch when
> compiled with enable-linux-netfilter ? (it seemed not to me)
> and if not, which is the version where the enable-linux-netfilter started to
> include the tproxy functionnality ?
>
> is there a patch I could apply to the 3.0.STABLE6 integrated in debian lenny ?

I'm not sure whether it has a tproxy patch or not. If it is supported,
there is a new socket option, IP_TRANSPARENT which is defined to the
value 19.

--
Panther