[tproxy] Squid3 + Tproxy

Laszlo Attila Toth panther at balabit.hu
Mon Jul 14 18:15:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

Jérôme Santini írta:
> Laszlo Attila Toth a écrit :
>
>> The Squid head (3.1) has native tproxy support, for 3.0: I don't know, I
>> published this patch for squid-3 when it was under development. During
>> this period it had an enable-linux-tproxy4 option which was removed.
>>
>> The  proxy-squid-2.6-STABLE18 is an unfinished patch, because the Squid
>> works but without foreign address bind (cannot spoof the client address).
>
> OK, fine
>
> so which is the recommended squid version to run now for use with tproxy in
> production ? the squid 3.1 "of the day" ?

I think the squid user list is the right place for asking it. With
cttproxy2 (TProxy2) you can use any version of squid, and kernels not
newer than 2.6.22. With TProxy 4.1 the only supported version was the
squid-3 HEAD (called as Squid-3.1) in April. I don't know the current
status of squid.

--
Panther