[tproxy] tproxy non-root access

eric_chao at trend.com.tw eric_chao at trend.com.tw
Thu Jul 20 08:25:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

Is it true that my program needs to have root access in order to change
socket options with tproxy? If so, is there a workaround for it?
Currently, I have a program running under a non-root user and needs to
use tproxy but it keeps getting "Operation not permmited" error when
trying to set socket option using tproxy.

I'm using 2.6.14 kernel and its corresponding tproxy patch.

Eric

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.