[syslog-ng] syslog-ng vs pcre2 without jit vs disable-jit config feature

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:32:18 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've now tried the disable-jit example from the documentation and it does
seem to work for me. I've set a breakpoint where it would do the jit
compilation, and it didn't do it.

btw, I was using Axoflow produced documentation, which is somewhat more
usable to me:
https://axoflow.com/docs/axosyslog-core/chapter-manipulating-messages/regular-expressions/reference-regexp-types/regexp-flags-options/regexp-flags-options-pcre/

This is the config I have checked:

```
@version: 3.32

log {
source { tcp(port(2000)); };

filter { match("(?<DN>foo)|(?<DN>bar)" value(MSG) flags(store-matches,
disable-jit, dupnames)); };
destination { file("/tmp/log" template("$(format-json *)\n")); };
};
```

I am using the latest master, but 4.4.0 should be the same. How do you know
that jit is enabled?