[syslog-ng] syslog-ng vs pcre2 without jit vs disable-jit config feature

"Tóth Attila" atoth at atoth.sote.hu
Thu Nov 23 11:31:04 UTC 2023

Hi,

These are the affected lines in my config:
filter f_avc { message(".*avc: .*"); };
filter f_audit { message("^(\\[.*\..*\] |)audit.*") and not
message(".*avc: .*"); };
filter f_pax { message("^(\\[.*\..*\] |)PAX:.*"); };
filter f_grsec { message("^(\\[.*\..*\] |)grsec:.*"); };

These are there for a long time now, but obviously needs a treatment to
make them up-to-date.
There are multiple messages during startup:
"multi-line-pattern: Error while JIT compiling regular expression"
and more.

If I try to add disable-jit, the messages persist. So it seems syslog-ng
still try to use jit. Despite the messages the software is still
functional as intended. I just want to instruct it not to try
jit-optimizing the expressions, hence get rid of the messages.

Thanks:
Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057