[syslog-ng] syslog doesn't log if system date is older than date on last reboot

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 08:27:17 UTC 2020

But you are using journal source, so it might be related to that.

I am not sure weather you rely on journald or not, but as a workaround you
could just use a unix-dgram() source and bypass journald by making sure
/dev/log points to syslog-ng.

Journald based logging is pretty slow and unless you have a usecase for it,
it might be easier to bypass it completely. Makes the local logging path
much simpler.