[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.15.1 on solaris

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Wed May 30 15:40:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

On 05/30/2018 05:19 PM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Hi!

>      Attila> For me, it ended to linking process with this:
>      Attila> ld: fatal: library -lsyslog-ng: not found
>      Attila> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>      Attila> libtool: install: error: relink `modules/diskq/libdisk-buffer.la' with the above command before installing it
>
> Would it be possible to share a full build log with V=1, and a list of
> created artifacts? (building in a subdir and doing a find there after
> compilation would be wonderful)
>
> I don't have any idea off the top of my head, but if I see what the
> build produces or how, I might be able to figure something out. The
> linking error alone is of little help :/

Wow... Being someone who was involved with syslog-ng @MS for years I
guess the issue is that the configure-time prefix and the install-time
prefix do differ so pachnames referenced in the .la files are not yet in
existence (there is a proprietary software management system @MS which
moves the freshly built stuff into its final run-time location which is
read-only).

I added a libtool hack to the MS-specific build helpers which edits
libtool files during make install in the proper order to avoid rerunning
configure (which would run this time with the install prefix causing
trouble for the runtime).

Regards,

Sandor