[syslog-ng] Difference in version

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.com
Mon May 7 15:52:27 UTC 2018

    Delon> I am also have some issue compiling some of the modules. E.g. --enable-json
    Delon> I have installed the necessary json rpm packages. Do I have to compile the
    Delon> libraries from source? I can see the lib in /usr/lib64 is there something
    Delon> im missing, do I have to point ./configure to the /usr/lib64 folder? If so
    Delon> how do i do it?

You need the development files (typically in a package with a -devel
postfix). See the `packaging/rhel/syslog-ng.spec` file for a list of
dependencies (you may not need all of them, if you don't need all the
modules). The "BuildRequires" lines list the packages you need to
compile it.

Mind you, if you installed syslog-ng from your distribution, and all you
want is forward your apache logs from clients to a central server, you
may not need to compile from source.