[syslog-ng] Cross-compiling syslog-ng 3.11.1 for an embedded application.

Robert King robert.king at tellabs.com
Tue Oct 3 19:25:24 UTC 2017

From: syslog-ng [mailto:syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Scheidler, Balázs
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 11:57 PM
To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list <syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu>
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] Cross-compiling syslog-ng 3.11.1 for an embedded application.

You seem to be missing automake in your build environment, which should only be needed if you changed something.

Correct.  I’m not interested in changing anything.  Just getting it to build in our cross-compilation environment.

I am not sure you are that interested in troubleshooting the build issue, at least judging the last note you sent.

To be honest, after troubleshooting it for the past three weeks, I’m getting sick of it.  I’ve brought in or updated four other open-source packages that also used autoconfig, and none of them have given me the problems syslog-ng has.

Syslog-ng uses pretty standard tools for building, so it should work pretty easily, however we dont do crossbuilds ourselves.

Can you tell me why …/syslog-ng/syslog-ng is a script and why …/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/.libs is empty when there are no errors during configuration or building?  This is costing my company a lot of time and money and if syslog-ng cannot be cross-compiled anymore, I need to know so we can stop this and move on to other projects.