[syslog-ng] Error while spawning the syslog-ng : "source plugin system not found "

Girish Kumar girish.kumar at al-enterprise.com
Sat Feb 27 17:38:12 CET 2016

Thank you very much for  the guidance

After spawning the syslog-ng, I have noticed that  there are two processes related to syslog-ng.  Is this right?

TOR #-> /sbin/syslog-ng
TOR #-> ps | grep syslog-ng
5545 root     {syslog-ng} supervising syslog-ng
5546 root     /sbin/syslog-ng

Please find the output of syslog-ng --module-registry.
Below Module  system-source status is ok

Also there is   “source    systemd-journal”.  Should I have to disable systemd-journal in configure  to resolve system()  issue

TOR#-> syslog-ng --module-registry
Module: json-plugin
  The json module provides JSON parsing & formatting support for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  parser          json-parser
  template-func   format_json

Module: kvformat
  The kvformat module provides key-value format (such as WELF) support for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  parser          kv-parser
  parser          linux-audit-parser
  template-func   format-welf

Module: pseudofile
  The pseudofile module provides the pseudofile() destination for syslog-ng
Plugins:
  destination     pseudofile

Module: linux-kmsg-format
  The linux-kmsg-format module provides support for parsing linux 3.5+ /dev/kmsg-format messages.
Plugins:
  format          linux-kmsg

Module: csvparser
  The csvparser module provides parsing support for CSV and other separated value formats for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  parser          csv-parser

Module: system-source
  The system-source module provides support for determining the system log sources at run time.
Plugins:
Module: afamqp
  The afamqp module provides AMQP destination support for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  destination     amqp

Module: cryptofuncs
  The cryptofuncs module provides cryptographic template functions.
Plugins:
  template-func   uuid
  template-func   hash
  template-func   sha1
  template-func   sha256
  template-func   sha512
  template-func   md4
  template-func   md5
Module: basicfuncs
  The basicfuncs module provides various template functions for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  template-func   grep
  template-func   if
  template-func   or
  template-func   echo
  template-func   length
  template-func   substr
  template-func   strip
  template-func   sanitize
  template-func   lowercase
  template-func   uppercase
  template-func   replace-delimiter
  template-func   padding
  template-func   +
  template-func   -
  template-func   *
  template-func   /
  template-func   %
template-func   ipv4-to-int
  template-func   indent-multi-line
  template-func   context-length
  template-func   env
  template-func   template

Module: afuser
  The afuser module provides the usertty() destination for syslog-ng
Plugins:
  destination     usertty

Module: afprog
  The afprog module provides program source & destination drivers for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  source          program
  destination     program
Module: graphite
  The graphite module provides graphite output for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  template-func   graphite_output

Module: afstomp
  The afstomp module provides STOMP destination support for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  destination     stomp

Module: afsocket
The afsocket module provides socket based transports for syslog-ng, such as the udp(), tcp() and syslog() drivers. This module is compiled with SSL support.
Plugins:
  source          unix-stream
  destination     unix-stream
  source          unix-dgram
  destination     unix-dgram
  source          tcp
  destination     tcp
  source          tcp6
  destination     tcp6
  source          udp
  destination     udp
  source          udp6
  destination     udp6
  source          syslog
  destination     syslog
  source          network
  destination     network
  source          systemd-syslog

Module: syslogformat
  The syslogformat module provides support for parsing RFC3164 and RFC5424 format syslog messages.
Plugins:
  format          syslog
  parser          syslog-parser

Module: confgen
  The confgen module provides support for dynamically generated configuration file snippets for syslog-ng, used for the SCL system() driver for example
Plugins:

Module: dbparser
  The db-parser() module implements sample database based parsing for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  parser          db-parser

Module: sdjournal
  The systemd-journal module provides systemd journal source drivers for syslog-ng where it is available.
Plugins:
  source          systemd-journal

Module: affile
  The affile module provides file source & destination support for syslog-ng.
Plugins:
  source          file
  source          pipe
  destination     file
  destination     pipe
Module: afmongodb
  The afmongodb module provides MongoDB destination support for syslog-ng.