[syslog-ng] Error while spawning the syslog-ng : "source plugin system not found "

Girish Kumar girish.kumar at al-enterprise.com
Thu Feb 25 09:18:15 CET 2016

Hi All,

I was successful  in  compilation  and installing syslog-ng

While  spawning   syslog-ng,  I am getting  source plugin system not found.

Following is the error. Please help me on this

TOR #-> /sbin/syslog-ng
Error parsing source, source plugin system not found in //etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 10, column 2:

        system();
        ^^^^^^

syslog-ng documentation: http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=syslog-ng

TOR #-> syslog-ng -V
syslog-ng 3.7.2
Installer-Version: 3.7.2
Revision:
Compile-Date: Feb 24 2016 23:02:43
Available-Modules: json-plugin,kvformat,pseudofile,linux-kmsg-format,csvparser,system-source,afamqp,cryptofuncs,basicfuncs,afuser,afprog,graphite,afstomp,afsocket,syslogformat,confgen,dbparser,sdjournal,affile,afmongodb
Enable-Debug: off
Enable-GProf: off
Enable-Memtrace: off
Enable-IPv6: on