[syslog-ng] Error while spawning the syslog-ng : "source plugin system not found "

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Sat Feb 27 07:44:48 CET 2016

No not necessarily, it is a built-in source that detects your local log
transport and generates config accordingly.

This module is shipped with syslog-ng and should always be available. By
rereading your error messages it seems unrelated to the systemd issue,
sorry for sidetracking you.

This can be a generic failure in loading plugins. If you start syslog-ng
with --module-registry you should see all plugins available to syslog-ng.
What is the output there? Look for the system source plugin specifically.

On the other hand, system() is just a convinience wrapper over unix-dgram
and unix-dgram drivers. So in most cases it can simply be replaced by

source s_local {
  unix-dgram("/dev/log");
};