[syslog-ng] GSoC Introduction, syslog-ng as a command line tool

Bagossy Attila bagossyattila at mailbox.unideb.hu
Tue Mar 10 17:54:09 CET 2015

Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself to the community. I am Attila Bagossy, undergraduate student at the University of Debrecen, Faculty of Informatics. I've been writing programs since I was a child and when I read the letter of Mr László Budai (received through the Neptun system, forwarded by Mr Norbert Bátfai), I couldn't resist to take a chance.

I've been coding in C for nearly four years, but I also have experience with OO languages such as C++ or C#. I'm interested in the following project: syslog-ng as a command line tool. I found this project the most interesting and I'm really excited about developing a new tool and making syslog-ng more powerful. Currently, I'm examining the code and getting familiar with it.

This is a great opportunity and I want to give my best.

Regards,
Attila Bagossy

University of Debrecen