[syslog-ng] debian init files gone wrong? (Due to git reorg?)

Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net
Wed Feb 12 12:28:49 CET 2014

Hi,

On 12-02-14 11:24, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> If you want to build a proper debian package, please use the
> packaging/debian/3.5 branch from my repository:
>  https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/tree/packaging/debian/3.5

Ah, that explains what happened :)

Problem is, I'm building 3.6 (alpha-alpha-0.00) :-)

Anyway, with the historical debian/ tree in place, it's remarkable how
easy it was to get the source to (sort of) build and run. It did not
build separate -core and other packages, just one big fat syslog-ng
deb-file, but, after some changes to the config file and restoring a few
files from a real syslog-ng package, it does (sort of) run.

V.