[syslog-ng] Recommended Data base

VMI X vmixus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 23:06:40 CEST 2014

Hi,
Currently we're logging everything to text files for a few LAN clients.
We're considering using a database instead and have a few questions to help
us decide:

   - Would a database be a good option to replace existing text files for
   long term storage considering storage space?
   - Would mongo OR mysql be better suited for storing system logs?

I understand answers to these questions can vary depending on specific use
case but seeking a general recommendation to see what's typically being
used and what the most stable/supported options would be.

--
*Nullius In Verba*