[syslog-ng] json configure problem in 3.4

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Wed Mar 21 09:10:43 CET 2012

Hello,

First I ran into this on FreeBSD, but now also checked on Linux. If I
run configure without arguments, then json is found by configure:

   JSON support (module)       : parser=yes, formatter=yes (using json-c)

On the other hand, if I run: ./configure --with-json=json-c
Then it fails with:

configure: error: Cannot find json-c version >= 0.9: is pkg-config in path?

Also, there is no way to disable json support, which is a problem for
packagers or the FreeBSD ports system. A "--with-json=none" could solve
this.

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP)<czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream