[syslog-ng] Simple config question

Fekete Robert frobert at balabit.hu
Thu Nov 3 16:36:05 CET 2011

On 11/03/2011 04:13 PM, Miguel Alvarez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After being less than impressed with the stability of rsyslog, I just
> discovered syslog-ng and it looks really impressive but a bit
> overwhelming!
>
> I have a simple configuration with my existing rsyslog set up where
> it's performing normal system syslog responsibilities but also tagging
> other log files and then forwarding them to a centralized log server.
> The examples I've seen for syslog-ng are making my head swim so I was
> hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction on how
> to do the same with syslog-ng.

Hi,

if you mean that you want to send the contents of logfiles to a central server
then you have to create file sources and add them to the log path that sends the
messages to the logserver.

Check
http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-3.3-guides/syslog-ng-ose-v3.3-guide-admin-en.html/configure_clients.html
and