[syslog-ng] Simple config question

Miguel Alvarez miguellvrz9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:20:10 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> wrote:
> Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> writes:
>
>> Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Just wondering if anyone might have any idea as to why logs aren't
>>> being forwarded.
>>
>> If all goes well, I'll have a look in a couple of minutes. Apologies for
>> the long response times, I had to trim down my TODO list a bit first.
>
> Obviously, it didn't all go that well. This is still fairly high on my
> list, I haven't forgotten, but I'm swamped at the moment, so might take
> a little more time until I manage to find time to debug this issue.
>
> Sorry about that, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

No problem.  I just got it working and it turned out that the tagging
wasn't working so $MSG_TAG in the rewrite was empty.  So rather than
doing it with tags, I just created multiple templates each with the
desired tag embedded in the template string and then multiple
destinations referencing the corresponding template.  I'm sure it's
probably not the most efficient way but it works!

Thank you again for all of the assistance.