[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 UDP overflows, message drops

Mishou Michael Michael.Mishou at csirc.irs.gov
Wed Apr 27 15:18:42 CEST 2011

Zeek,

I didn't compile it myself, I'm using the 3.1.2 from sunfreeware.com.
I'm actually having a heck of a time figuring out how to compile 3.3
from the alpha2 tarball on Solaris 10.  I don't think I'm helping myself
by having all the gcc tools installed from sunfreeware.com, maybe I need
to start over.  I'm so much more comfortable on Linux, where stuff just
compiles magically and I don't have to do anything special.

When you are using loggen, you should write to disk on the receiving end
and compare the number of messages received to messages sent.  Clayton
Dukes (on this list) has a good writeup of how to use loggen to generate
some relevant performance numbers here:
http://nms.gdd.net/index.php/Install_Guide_for_LogZilla_v3.1#UDP_Buffers

If I had to guess, --active-connections parameter wouldn't apply to UDP
transport.  Sounds like a TCP thing.

Hope this helps!

--Mike