[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 UDP overflows, message drops

Zeek Anow zeekstern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:17:37 CEST 2011

Thanks Mike..
I am in the same boat as you are. I have the same hardware, same OS (Solaris
10, Update 9) etc. I also am using the sunfreeware version.
One thing that kind of concerns me is the lack of response from other Sun
users. There does not seem to be too many that use it for a central log
host. Maybe we found out why:))

I too am going down the compiling 3.3 route and am hoping to start next
week.

Agree with the active connections. I mentioned that because we have both.
Also, I am going to get rid of the UDP logging since I'm dropping so many
packets and move to TCP.

Thanks for that link. Looks pretty good!! Have you been able to get to the
link in that document? The one that says Topics in High Performance
Messaging?   It is supposed to take you to the 29west.com site but I keep
getting redirected to a different site. Don't know if I have malware or if
the site is no longer around.

If I get around to compiling 3.3 before you do,  I will post back here if
you want and let you know how I did it, if you want. I have a friend that is
pretty good at it and am hoping it isn't a big deal to do.

Fred