[syslog-ng] Problem with Squid logs

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Apr 15 21:14:55 CEST 2011

Matias Banchoff <matiasb at cespi.unlp.edu.ar> wrote:

> Is there any way to translate that Squid timestamp into a more readable
> one, so I can probe if that is the problem? In addition, I've started
> syslog-ng client y debug mode (with -d -F), but nothing appears in the
> screen, although the logs are being written.

Others have answered how to get things moving (but they are right and
you should just send the logs straight away over syslog) but the
following should help you rewrite the squid access logs to make the
timestamp more useful:

http://www.digriz.org.uk/syslog-ng-integration#Squid_Proxy_Server

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Many hands make light work.