[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 Compilation Woes

Pal Tamas folti at balabit.hu
Fri Jul 30 16:10:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 06:46:14AM -0700, Chuck wrote:

> Trying to build 3.1.1 on Solaris 10 (update 8) so I can enable SQL support.
> I've installed the required version of gcc, bison, flex, and etc.. per the
> INSTALL doc.
>
> Here is the error I get: (I've searched google all morning and find tons of
> others with this error but no solution)
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local  --enable-sql --enable-pcre
> checking for pkg-config... /bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/local/bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for nawk... nawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
> checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
> checking for bison... bison -y
> checking for flex... flex
> checking lex output file root... configure: error: cannot find output from
> flex; giving up
>
> I am using the following environment vars:
> CXX=g++
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
> CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
> CC=gcc
>
> All my open source tools are under /usr/local.
>
> I have tried have /usr/ccs/bin in my PATH before /yusr/local/bin, tried having
> it after, and tried not having it in my PATH at all.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thx,
> CC
Did you check the config.log file? ./configure logs the exact error
messages into this file. Just search for the string
'checking lex output file root'. If it's possible, please send in the
excerpt of config.log from the line containing the 'checking ...'
message to the first '## ---------------------- ##' line.

--
Pal Tamas/Folti
folti at balabit.hu