[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 Compilation Woes

Chuck chuck.carson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:46:14 CEST 2010

Trying to build 3.1.1 on Solaris 10 (update 8) so I can enable SQL support.
I've installed the required version of gcc, bison, flex, and etc.. per the
INSTALL doc.

Here is the error I get: (I've searched google all morning and find tons of
others with this error but no solution)

./configure --prefix=/usr/local  --enable-sql --enable-pcre
checking for pkg-config... /bin/pkg-config
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/local/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... configure: error: cannot find output from
flex; giving up

I am using the following environment vars:
CXX=g++
CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
CC=gcc

All my open source tools are under /usr/local.

I have tried have /usr/ccs/bin in my PATH before /yusr/local/bin, tried
having it after, and tried not having it in my PATH at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx,
CC