[syslog-ng] trying to install syslog-ng 3.0.4 and drivers for oracle

Ross, Michael W. mross at mitre.org
Tue Oct 6 15:32:58 CEST 2009

We are trying to get syslog-ng (OSE) 3.0.4 on Red Hat AS 4 to feed into an oracle DB using the sql() destination.

We get syslog-ng to install and run A-OK and we think we have it configured right.

What we are struggling with is what all we need to install in addition to syslog-ng.  We have installed libdbi- and libdbi-devel-  We have not been able to find the specific oracle driver, which we think we need.

Do we need the specific oracle driver, if so where can we find it?