[syslog-ng] trying to install syslog-ng 3.0.4 and drivers for oracle

Robert Fekete frobert at balabit.com
Wed Oct 7 11:31:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

the rpm packages available on our website
(http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/upgrades/)
should contain the required drivers for Oracle as well. What you do need in
addition is the Oracle Instant Client Basic Package, which is not part of the
OSE packages. You can get it after a free registration from
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

I have noticed that this information is missing from the 3.0 adminguide, so I
will add it to the next version.
You also need to set a few things for the oracle client, these are described in
section "3.4.5.1. Using the sql() driver with an Oracle database" of the
adminguide (see the middle of the page at
http://www.balabit.com/dl/html/syslog-ng-v3.0-guide-admin-en.html/ch03s04.html#configuring_destinations_sql).

If you find that this information is inaccurate, e.g., you have to set other
things as well, please let me know so I can add it to the docs if needed.

Kind Regards,

Robert Fekete