[syslog-ng] permission denied ater adding a file as source-driver

gatfi sami pfegatfi.sami at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:59:15 CET 2009

Hi

it is me again

no one had answered my previous questions until now but i 'll never loose
hope so here is another one

I am killing my self to add a file as a source driver in syslog-ng

repeat i installed 1.6.12-76.2  in open suse 11.0

i used

> source my_src {
>
> #internal();
>
>  #file("/var/log/apache2/error_log");
>  #perm(0666);
>
>  #unix-dgram("/dev/log"); *see i tried alot of thing before i asked you*
> file("/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.log");
>

> };

and here is the error

Shutting down syslog services                                        done
Re-Starting syslog servicesError opening file /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.log for
r*eading (Permission denied)*
Error initializing configuration, exiting.

I also tried to change the file's permission

by the way

is this the best way to log mysql arror log to a syslog client

thks