[syslog-ng] creating new facility help the beginner ( me i am sinking)

gatfi sami pfegatfi.sami at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:25:30 CET 2009

hey over here i

2009/2/28 gatfi sami <pfegatfi.sami at gmail.com>

> hi i am a student
>
> i installed 1.6.12-76.2  in open suse 11.0
>

> i am asked to create a new costumised facility ( newfacility ) in bothe
> syslog-ng cient and server for exemple so
> Errorlog syslog:newfacility   ( in /etc/apache2/mod_log.conf. config)
>
> is it possible
>
> another thing please
>
> if not
>
> i use local 1  (Errorlog syslog:local1) and it work
>
> if i send mysql error log also in local1
>
> can i seperate them in different destination ( file )on my syslogserver.

i discovered that local1 uses   * unix-dgram("/dev/log") *wich one of the
soource availble in syslog-ng plz if i am saying wron gthings let somone
correct me

whay i do not use  unix-dgram("/dev/log"); directly
here what i tried and it did not work

/etc/apache2/mod_log_config.conf
Errorlog  unix-dgram("/dev/log");

and in
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng

source my_src{
 unix-dgram("/dev/log");

}

destination my_dest {

 udp("192.168.1.66" port(514));
};

log {source(my_src); destibation (my_dest)};

in other way how can i use this unix-dgram()

thxs

*
*