[syslog-ng] problem in remote logging

Gemi gemi77 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:55:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am facing problem in remote logging though is working very fine locally.

please advise me what to do and where I am missing something. the details I am giving below.

have one target linux system (set top box) and one host Linux Desktop
Machine. the syslogd and logging working fine on both target as well as
on PC(host) machine individually .

I have scenario,

I have to run program on target machine. And I have to collect the log on PC(host) console as well as in some file say /tmp/log.

I have started $syslogd -r on both the machines. the syslog.conf file on the machines are like this.

target     >>       syslong.conf

local0.*                    @ip.address (PC-Host machine)

PC(host)     >>  syslog.conf

local0.err                /dev/console

local0.*                    /tmp/log

in process list syslogd shows like "syslogd -r"

I have already run many times $ kill -SIGHUP /var/run/syslog.pid  on both machine.

even though it is not working

-Gemi