[syslog-ng] Problem in remote logging

Gemi gemi77 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:50:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am facing problem in remote logging though is working very fine locally.

please advise me what to do and where I am missing something. the details I am giving below.

I have one target linux system (set top box) and one host Linux Desktop Machine. the syslogd and logging working fine on both target as well as on PC(host) machine individually .

I have scenario,
I have to run program on target machine. And I have to collect the log on PC(host) console as well as in some file say /tmp/log.

I have started $syslogd -r on both the machines. the syslog.conf file on the machines are like this.

target     >>       syslong.conf
local0.*                    @ip.address

PC(host)     >>  syslog.conf
local0.err                /dev/console
local0.*                    /tmp/log

in process list syslogd shows like "syslogd -r"
I have already run many times $ kill -SIGHUP /var/run/syslog.pid  on both machine.

even though it is not working

-Gemi