[syslog-ng] include file syntax

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Dec 11 23:40:43 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 08:24 -0800, Evan Rempel wrote:
> I think that you should stay with the full syslog-by syntax with the
> {} because you may want to add options to the statement in the next
> version and the simpified syntax does not allow for options.
>
> Perhaps an option of "optional" so that if the file did not exist
> syslog-by would continue without it. Other options may become apparent
> over time.

I chose the simpler format for now, I can always add the {} block if the
need arises, but I think that assigning options to a simple include
operation should not be necessary.

The 'optional' feature could be made global, e.g. if the
ignore-not-existing-include-files() option is set to yes, then syslog-ng
would start up just fine if an include file does not exist.

I've pushed the implementation now, but I'm writing about it in a
separate email.