[syslog-ng] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: why dose the usage of mem by syslog-ng keep growing?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Sep 25 10:07:27 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 15:13 +0800, liuruihong wrote:
> the increase of memory usage continues.

Hmm... Something has just occurred to me. There was a bug report
recently, which basically said, that once a write error occurs,
syslog-ng does not correctly free memory, and all messages are buffered
in memory.

If you have about 1000 clients, you might well run out of fd's (the
default limit for maximum file descriptors is around 1000), thus
syslog-ng might not be able to open files.

Do you have messages like this in your log? It should be "coming" from
your internal() source.

      msg_error("Error opening file for writing",
                evt_tag_str("filename", self->filename->str),
                evt_tag_errno(EVT_TAG_OSERROR, errno),
                NULL);

The workaround then would be to increase the maximum file handles
(ulimit -n) before starting syslog-ng, the best is to put this in the
init script.