[syslog-ng] WAS: why dose the usage of mem by syslog-ng keep growing? NOW: FAQ update

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Tue Sep 25 22:27:05 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:07:27AM +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> The workaround then would be to increase the maximum file handles
> (ulimit -n) before starting syslog-ng, the best is to put this in the
> init script.

I just realized the FAQ doesn't mention ulimit anywhere. Fixed:

 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html#ulimit

I've always had to do this on all my busy loghosts, should have gone
into the performance section of the FAQ long ago.
--
Nate

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
distinctly native criminal class except Congress." - Samuel Clemens