[syslog-ng] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: why dose the usage of mem by syslog-ng keep growing?

liuruihong liuruihong at baidu.com
Tue Sep 25 09:13:17 CEST 2007

the increase of memory usage continues.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu
[mailto:syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu] 代表 Balazs Scheidler
发送时间: 2007年9月25日 15:07
收件人: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list
主题: Re: [syslog-ng] 答复: 答复: 答复: why dose the usage of mem by
syslog-ng keep growing?

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 14:41 +0800, liuruihong wrote:
> In addition  the syslog-ng receive logs from about 1000 clients  when the
> usage of mem by syslog-ng keep growing
> I think maybe the reason of the problem is that there are so many log
files
> being writted .
> I do another test ,using the same verson and  the configure file,but
> receives logs from only one client,and usage of mem by syslog-ng doesn`t
> keep growing.
> But I don`t know the relationship between them.

Hm... what is your message rate?

As I see syslog-ng kept growing to 500 MB of memory at a very fast pace
(4-5MB/5 minutes) Does it reach a limit at 500 MB? Or the increase of
memory usage continues? Or syslog-ng gets restarted?

syslog-ng maillist  -  syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu