[syslog-ng] syslog-ng not start

patrick simon pa.simon at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 03:52:21 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 17.07.2007, 16:19 -0400 schrieb
Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:52:26 +0200, patrick simon said:
>
> > I recreate them as K... ones now, and syslog-ng give me the same Error
> > Message. I tried to stop them with rcconf, it say they will be not
> > started, but syslog-ng can't start

I think I do something wrong here, what is the command to recreate the
entries with updaterc.d ? But I removed the old syslog daemon with
"apt-get remove". I think that is not the Problem, or is it?

> Umm.. I may be blind, but renaming all those Sfoo to Kfoo startup scripts
> just prevents it from starting *next* time.  But I don't see where you actually
> stopped the *currently* running copy (under Redhat/Fedora, you'd want something
> like 'service syslogd stop' or similar).
>
> If you do a 'ps ax| grep syslog', do you find one?

No, I only find the grep process ( 19863 pts/5    S+     0:00 grep
syslog )

But I can do "/etc/init.d/sysklogd stop without an error message, but
when i do this, syslog-ng don't start too.

I reinstalled the package a few moments ago, but this don't have any
effect.

Thank you for answers
Patrick