[syslog-ng] keep-alive question

Josh Endries jendries at pragmeta.com
Tue Dec 4 17:35:50 CET 2007

Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> The destinations are always reopened upon HUP even in 2.0. I'm Ccing the
> documentation team to clarify this in the documentation.
>
> Is it really worth supporting keep-alive on destinations? I assume
> stunnel also reconnects, right?

I'm not sure, I didn't mean to suggest changing anything. I have been going
through my logs fixing anything that seems wrong, and seeing all the reconnects
made me wonder if there was a way to avoid breaking the connection. If not,
that's okay, I'll either ignore them or use another log rotation method that
avoids using HUP.

Thanks!
Josh