[syslog-ng] forwarding to server

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Tue Aug 28 10:20:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

> Hello everyone!
> I have a Cacti Server with the Haloe plugin installed.  I can
> get my Windows boxes to talk to the Haloe plugin (syslogs).
> I have two old servers (running SLES 9 I think) with syslogd
> installed, reporting in just fine!  Here is my issue - I
> can't figure out how to pipe or forward the data from the box
> to the syslogs server (Cacti).  For those of you who do not
> know, Cacti is a network monitoring tool/RRDtool front end
> with a ton of available plugins.  Haloe is a centralized
> syslog server.

First, welcome to the syslog-ng mailing list!

Could you tell about your issue, how is it related to syslog-ng?

If you're trying to forward syslogd messages to remote hosts
then use @remotehost in syslogd.conf. If you want to forward
messages using syslog-ng then use either the tcp() or the udp()
destination drivers in syslog-ng.conf.

Regards,

Sandor