[syslog-ng] Configure error on AIX

James B Horwath Jim_Horwath at glic.com
Tue Apr 17 18:32:50 CEST 2007

I am trying to get syslog-ng-2.0rc4 running on AIX 5.3 I was able to
compile eventlog and libol without any problems.  When I configure
syslog-ng I am receiving errors I need help with.  I get this
configuration error:

checking for GLIB... Package glib-2.2 was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.2.pc'
No package 'glib-2.2' found
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.2) were not met:

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GLIB_CFLAGS
and GLIB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Checking for glib
rpm -qa | grep glib
glib2-2.2.3-3

rpm -ql glib2-2.2.3-3 | grep  -v local
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3/AUTHORS
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3/COPYING
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3/ChangeLog
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3/NEWS
/opt/freeware/doc/glib2-2.2.3/README
/opt/freeware/lib/charset.alias
/opt/freeware/lib/libglib-2.0.a
/opt/freeware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.a
/opt/freeware/lib/libgobject-2.0.a
/opt/freeware/lib/libgthread-2.0.a
/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.a
/usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.a
/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.a
/usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.a

The code appears to be resident.  How do I get around this configuration
error?

Regards,
Jim

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.