[syslog-ng] syslog-ng2 conf path default changed; pkg-plist out of date

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Apr 10 22:33:47 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 14:01 -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> Okay...who broke this:  The path in the binary to the default config file
> has changed but the pkg-list hasn't and aside from the 2.0.2 patch level
> bump I dont see where else it came from:

This was changed between 1.6.x and 2.0.x, as it is not 'nice' to
hardwire configure subdirectories into the configure script. Instead
packagers need to override --sysconfdir configure option.

So it is not broken, it was an intended change. A lot of other
differences were also introduced in from 1.6.x->2.0.0, so I thought it
would be ok to change it.

and 2.0.3 introduces the use of "localstatedir" too. This defaults to
$prefix/var which should be redefined to /var/lib/syslog-ng. Software do
change, packaging/compile scripts need to be adapted from time to time.

And one minor note about your message: because of the tone I played with
the idea of _not replying_, but at the end I decided to respond. I might
be sensitive a bit, but starting a question with "who broke this?" and
mistyping the name of the developer as "Balavid" sounds a bit rude to
me.