[syslog-ng] syslog-ng + rhel5 + selinux

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue Apr 10 11:40:34 CEST 2007

(Reposting now that I'm subscribed)

I've created an RPM package of syslog-ng that installs the
necessary selinux module to work on RHEL5. This is not creating
a whole new selinux domain for syslog-ng (like I expect the
reference policy to do), but rather a small extention of the
RHEL5 provided syslogd domain to allow syslogd_t opening /dev/kmsg,
514/tcp and creating some files under /var.

http://tanso.net/yum/repodata/repoview/syslog-ng-0-2.0.3-1.el5.html
http://tanso.net/selinux/

The selinux rules installed by this RPM is

	http://tanso.net/selinux/syslog_ng.te

and can be installed separately by saving that file to /root/syslog_ng.te
and running:

	checkmodule -M -m -o syslog_ng.mod syslog_ng.te
	semodule_package -o syslog_ng.pp -m syslog_ng.mod
	restorecon ./syslog_ng.pp
	semodule -i ./syslog_ng.pp

It can later be removed by "semodule --remove=syslog_ng".

  -jf