[syslog-ng] new manuals

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Apr 3 20:00:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:51:23 EDT, Mike said:
> "...Microsoft Windows based hosts can run only the syslog-ng agent. The
> syslog-ng agent operates only in client mode."

> Is there any more information on this? I can't seem to find any. it sounds
> like a replacement for 'snare', and sounds very interesting.

Sounds like a good differentiator for the commercial version. :)

Seriously - given that there's multiple free programs out there that will cause
a Windows box to log to a syslog server on 514/UDP, I'd see this as a good
opportunity to sell a client that has a support contract, and added-on features
like 514/TCP and so on.