[syslog-ng] building 2.0 on freebsd

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Oct 25 23:28:05 CEST 2006

VK:

I'd be happy to test a beta of the port for Endian issues on Sparc64 and
AMD64.  I've also got a variety of 5x and 6x boxes on both archs on which
I can smash bugs.

Just gotta cane `em.

I can also do the NetBSD pkgsrc work in pkgsrc-wip.sf.net

~BAS

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2006, at 7:09 PM, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
>
>> You should try to work closely with the FreeBSD port maintainer for
>> sysutils/syslog-ng to integrate 2.x into a Port.  Unless there is a
>> liscencing restriction I don't know preventing a enw sysutils/syslog-ng2/
>> port, we're still at 1.6.11 in Ports.
>
> I am still evaluating whether I will be using this software in our
> infrastructure.  If I do (which seems likely), I plan to adopt the port once
> 2.0 is released.  I don't see a compelling reason to keep a separate 2.0
> version of the port as it is back-compatible, and I believe that the base
> port name, syslog-ng, should be the latest version always.  That's how I
> maintain the postfix port, too :-)

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."