[syslog-ng] building 2.0 on freebsd

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Oct 25 18:28:07 CEST 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 7:09 PM, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> You should try to work closely with the FreeBSD port maintainer for
> sysutils/syslog-ng to integrate 2.x into a Port.  Unless there is a
> liscencing restriction I don't know preventing a enw sysutils/
> syslog-ng2/ port, we're still at 1.6.11 in Ports.

I am still evaluating whether I will be using this software in our
infrastructure.  If I do (which seems likely), I plan to adopt the
port once 2.0 is released.  I don't see a compelling reason to keep a
separate 2.0 version of the port as it is back-compatible, and I
believe that the base port name, syslog-ng, should be the latest
version always.  That's how I maintain the postfix port, too :-)