[syslog-ng] syslog-ng stalls system

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri May 19 13:13:12 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 19:32 +0200, Mario Aeby wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Wow, thanks for all your replies! So at least I'm not the only one
> having problems.
>
> - I'm running Debian testing with (self-compiled *boah*) Kernel 2.4.25
> - I replaced syslog-ng with syslog until the issues are fixed
> - dpkg says I had the following syslog-ng installed:
> rc  syslog-ng                   1.9.9-1                    Next
> generation logging daemon
> Really confusing, since Balazs is talking about 1.6.11 ... Do Debian
> maintainers follow a different numbering scheme?

Oh, you are using the development series. There are currently two
branches of syslog-ng: 1.6.x stable series, and the reimplementation of
syslog-ng currently tagged as 1.9.x to become 2.0.0 once it stabilizes.

If you are using 1.9.x the use of the latest snapshot is recommended. It
was also affected by the same problem but no release was prepared since
it was fixed.