[syslog-ng] syslog-ng stalls system

Mario Aeby spam at eMeidi.com
Thu May 18 19:32:57 CEST 2006

Hi Guys

Wow, thanks for all your replies! So at least I'm not the only one
having problems.

- I'm running Debian testing with (self-compiled *boah*) Kernel 2.4.25
- I replaced syslog-ng with syslog until the issues are fixed
- dpkg says I had the following syslog-ng installed:
rc  syslog-ng                   1.9.9-1                    Next
generation logging daemon
Really confusing, since Balazs is talking about 1.6.11 ... Do Debian
maintainers follow a different numbering scheme?
- My configuration is available as a download at
http://mad4you.homeip.net/downloads/syslog-ng.conf . Note: It cannot be
caused by this, since I soon replaced syslog-ng.conf with the one the
original Debian package provided (to rule out exactly such a cause)

Many thanks!
Kind regards
Mario
--