[syslog-ng] Solaris 8 login hangs

Neill Flynn nflynn at itgeurope.com
Fri May 19 11:53:42 CEST 2006

I have been running syslog-ng 1.6.6 in a Solaris/RH environment (almost
70 syslog-ng clients). All works fine but for two Solaris machines which
do not allow me to su from my own account, if I "su -", the process
hangs indefinitely. I can open a second connection and kill part of the
su process and gain access. When I switch off syslog-ng and start
syslog, all work fine. Also, both the local files and the remote
syslog-ng server log the su as it happens.

Anyone any ideas?