[syslog-ng] solaris package

Joop Boonen joop_boonen at web.de
Fri Jul 28 15:53:27 CEST 2006

Hello Sandor,

Are the spec files in in the decompressed directory for the same perpose.
Only for Zorp?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a generic Solaris package? especially
because no standard syslog-ng packages (sunfreeware for example) with
spoof-source option enabled.

What is the risk to use the solbuild/rules?

The problem is that sun doesn't use a package manager like rpm (spec file
i.e. srpm). It's quite difficult to build a package with the extra options
but the same file permissions and locations as the for instance
sunfreeware one.

Regards,

Joop Boonen.