[syslog-ng] solaris package

Sandor Geller wildy at balabit.hu
Fri Jul 28 15:14:01 CEST 2006

Joop Boonen wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've just build the solaris package via solbuild/rules. When i was doing
> this i was wondering about a few things.

solbuild/rules isn't intended for generic usage, this file is used for
our internal packaging which is used with the Zorp firewall on Solaris.

> These is a nice init.d file in the solbuild directory.
> solbuild/syslog-ng.init.d After the build it cant be found in the package
> at all.

This init script is installed into the docdir, not into /etc.

> When i copy the above mentioned init.d script it uses the config file
> /opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf. Would
> /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.com a better location? I adapted the script for
> this now.

The package uses the /opt/syslog-ng prefix

> Why is the package in stalled in /opt/syslog-ng in stead of /usr/local? By
> the way Sun uses /opt/sfw for gnu software.
> Why are to init.d packages available in the source, being
> solbuild/syslog-ng.init.d and contrib/init.d.solaris .  The first one is
> realted to /opt/syslog-ng the second one to /usr/local .

As I mentioned solbuild/ is for BalaBit's environment, not for generic
usage.

--
Sandor Geller
wildy at balabit.hu