[syslog-ng] solaris package

Joop Boonen joop_boonen at web.de
Fri Jul 28 14:52:23 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I've just build the solaris package via solbuild/rules. When i was doing
this i was wondering about a few things.

These is a nice init.d file in the solbuild directory.
solbuild/syslog-ng.init.d After the build it cant be found in the package
at all.
When i copy the above mentioned init.d script it uses the config file
/opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf. Would
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.com a better location? I adapted the script for
this now.
Why is the package in stalled in /opt/syslog-ng in stead of /usr/local? By
the way Sun uses /opt/sfw for gnu software.
Why are to init.d packages available in the source, being
solbuild/syslog-ng.init.d and contrib/init.d.solaris .  The first one is
realted to /opt/syslog-ng the second one to /usr/local .

Regards,

Joop Boonen.