[syslog-ng] host$

Speedy Sweedy speedysweedy at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 17:26:59 CEST 2005

I am new to this list and new to syslog-ng so please forgive me if this
question has been asked before.  I looked through the archive but didn't
come across anything that helped me.

I have syslog-ng working on my FC3 box with SELinux set at its highest
setting(wow that was fun!) but it logs the IP address of the remote host
instead of the hostname.  I can't seem to get it to log anything different
than the IP address of the box sending the log.  Here is my options in
syslog-ng.conf:

options {
    sync (0);
    time_reopen (10);
    log_fifo_size (1000);
    long_hostnames (off);
    use_dns (no);
    use_fqdn (no);
    create_dirs (yes);
    keep_hostname (yes);
};

what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
The Speedster

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.