[syslog-ng]Am I an idiot? (tcp destinations)

Jay 'Whip' Grizzard syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:35:18 -0800

Okay, perhaps I'm an idiot, but with a freshly downloaded and compiled
syslog-ng 1.6.6, I get the following:

syslogng.conf (one line long):

destination d_tcp { tcp("10.1.2.3") port(1999); localport(999)); };

(which is, you'll notice, copied directly out of the docs)

But I get:

: [elfchief@bluetail /tmp]% /sbin/syslog-ng --cfgfile=/tmp/syslogng.conf --syntax-only
: syntax error at 1
: Parse error reading configuration file, exiting. (line 1)

... and no matter what I put in there (I tried a lot of permutations, and
even cut&pasted bits of other people's configs I saw in the mailing list
archives), I can't seem to get the option to parse. Am I missing
something fundamental here? Given that this is the one feature I'd really
like to use syslog-ng for, it'd be nice if I could get it to work!

I appreciate any thoughts anyone cares to share...

-jay